Registration and Course Enrolment

What is the link to the Enrolment System?


  • Sign in using Passport York.

What is the difference between 'registering ' and 'enrolling'?

Registration is the act of accepting your fees online, whereas enrolment is adding courses to your schedule. Graduate students who are beyond the course work stage must still register each term.

When does registration for Fall/Winter open? When does registration for Fall/Winter close?

Registration for Fall/Winter 2019-2020 opens June 4, 2019 and closes August 20, 2019 (Fall) / December 20, 2019 (Winter).

  • Graduate students must maintain continuous registration in all terms, Fall, Winter and Summer, until graduation, and must pay the appropriate term fee.

Do I register for both Fall and Winter at the same time?

Yes. However, you have to register for Fall first and then go back in the System and register for Winter.

Failing to register for the Winter term will prevent you from enrolling into a Winter or a Full-year course.

What if I don’t register by the deadline?

  • Students who register for the Fall term after September 1st will incur a $200 late registration fee.
  • Students who fail to register will eventually be withdrawn from the program for failure to maintain continuous registration.

What is a financial block?

Graduate students who owe over $1000 will be blocked from registration until the debt is reduced below that amount. Students in this situation should complete the Debt Repayment Agreement form found at:


The form can be mailed or dropped off at the Faculty of Graduate Studies, 230 York Lanes. If approved, FGS will lift the block which will allow you to register.

Am I required to register while on a leave of absence?

Students on approved leaves of absence are not required to register during the period of the leave.

For further information see the FGS website at :



How do I apply to graduate?

www.yorku.ca/mygrad (passport york required)

When should I complete my Master’s degree by in order to convocate in Fall 2019?

All of the requirements for the Master’s degree should be completed by August 31, 2019.

Admission to the Graduate Program in Political Science

When is the deadline to apply?

The deadline to apply for Fall 2020 is January 15, 2020.

How do I apply?

  1. Use York University's graduate studies futurestudents.yorku.ca/graduate/apply_now
  2. Upload the required and supplementary documents and materials permitted for submission through MyFile.
  3. All other required documentation submitted by mail must be sent in a single package. (Exception: official transcripts sent to York directly from previous educational institutions. Official transcripts must come directly from, and bear the unbroken seal of, the issuing institution.) See checklist (PDF)

Funding and Awards

Please visit the FGS website for information regarding funding and awards available to graduate students:

Tuition Fees

How much are my tuition fees?

Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Session - Graduate Fees - for students entering York University on September 7, 2019 or later: please refer to the Faculty of Graduate Studies Fees and Tuition page.

Domestic Fees - To be eligible for domestic fees you must be either a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada (otherwise known as landed immigrant) effective on the dates specified on an annual basis.

International Fees - Students who do not have the status specified above, or who apply to York and declare themselves as visa students, will be charged tuition fees at international rates.

How do I pay my tuition fees?

  • The York Master’s Fellowship and the York Doctoral Fellowship will be provided in three installments in the Fall, Winter and Summer semester and applied to your York Student Account. Each term. Tuition will be deducted from the Fellowship. The York Graduate Scholarship (YGS) - if you've been awarded one - will also be deposited into your York Student Account at the beginning of each term. You will be able to access any surplus funds through your York Student Account, either to use towards referenda fees or to request a refund payment: http://sfs.yorku.ca/refunds/request
  • You can apply for OSAP – Ontario Student Association Program.
    The Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) is an application-based government aid program for Ontario resident students. Based on the government's assessment of your educational costs and expected financial resources, OSAP offers a mixture of repayable loans and grants (money you will not need to repay). For complete OSAP information and to apply online, go to the government's OSAP website.